Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Whatever it takes

Tonight we will be pulling out all our "We Want Snow" rituals.

Remember them?

Things are looking favorable for some snow.

Let's see if we have the necessary elements....

Precipitation: Check. It's headed our way.

Cold Temps: Check. Temps in the -40's. OK, so not really in the -40's. It just FEELS like it's in the -40's. OK, maybe it really doesn't FEEEEL quite that cold. But it's really really cold. And I live in the south. And we're not supposed to have temperatures that end in "teen". Or that are single digits. It's just not right.

Our low one night this week is supposed to be 8. As in e-i-g-h-t. I also spell that b-r-r-r-r-r-r. Again, this is the South people. Not Michigan. Eight?!?

The Weather Guy even said this cold air is from Russia. RUSSIA! It's very cold in Russia. At least I think it is....Isn't that very northish-leftish of here? Don't they wear those big fat furry hats over there? (Connie...Do YOU know anything about big fat furry hats?!?!? wink wink)

Here's to a big fat stay-at-home snow day tomorrow.

And it seems pointless to return to school for just one little day on Friday.

So here's to not much melting and some additional accumulation.

Also known as "Another Four-Day Weekend"!!

Now, I'm off to get my crayons and spoons...And find Russia on the map.

4 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

I heard the weatherman use the word, "Siberia" this morning! I felt like I was in the Dr. Zhivago movie!!

Fingers crossed for you guys and your snow day!

Bingmama said...

If you need help finding Russia, just ask your daughter....remember RUSSIA, ASIA!

connie said...

You may borrow my hat....

Megan said...

After you get that snow, send some to Philadelphia for us :)