Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday Miscellany

Here we are. Monday again. Didn't we just do this? Oh well...Here is what is rattling around in my brain...

Not to be outdone, Connie's air conditioner went out yesterday. All the box fans have successfully been transported to her house. Wishing her a quick and cheap fix. Maybe she can come over for a slumber party and enjoy my new air conditioner!

And yes, it's super hot this week. Highs hovering at 99. Heat indexes (indices?) of 357. Blech.

Cooper was invited to a birthday party over the weekend. "Gift cards recommended" was actually written on the invitation. Ummmmm. No. Coop was the only kid who took a "real" present. The Captain is tired of my ranting about this. So I won't mention the fact that it was called a "pool party" and all they had was a slip & slide. It's a family with "some issues". But seriously. OK, the end. I must quit talking about this or the Captain will get mad at me and take my blog away from me.

Jordan is gone this week with the youth group. So it's just me and the boys.

I have no desire to own a Kindle.

In golf, why is it eagle, birdie, par, bogey, double bogey? They couldn't come up with another word to use so they just said "double bogey"? Yes, we watched the US Open most of the weekend. And yes, those are the things that keep me up at night.

Who spilled sticky orange juice on the kitchen floor and didn't wipe it up?

Nothing else for me today.

Happy Monday people.

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

mom said...

I do not want to be next in the A/C game, but if I am and the fans make it to my house, that would be an interesting way to get them back home. New game for the family - where are the fans today????

w said...

i need paper books. kindle is out of the question for me.

um. gift cards recommended? why not! you should have give the kid a box full of them. empty ones. they're collectibles.