Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The heat is on.

When the weather gets wonky, I am forced to harrass my friend and favorite weatherman.....

Me: Seriously. The heat. Do something.

Him: Working on it. Should have a fix by October.

Me: And please don't use the words "One Hundred". Oh - and nothing that ends in "-teen". That should cover it. Thanks.

Him: Got it.


That's when I caught his 5:00 pm forecast.

And saw this.

So I was forced to send yet ANOTHER email....

Me: Ummmmm, EXCUSE ME.... I just saw your forecast. Cut it out. Or I'll roll your yard.

Him: The breeze from the toilet paper flying through the air will be nice.

Me: (cue sarcastic mocking voice): The breeze from the toilet paper flying through the air will be nice.


Grrrrrrrr.

I told Connie I was tired of all this one hundred degree nonsense and I was going to roll The Weatherman's yard. She said it was too hot outside and wouldn't come with me.

With a high today of 102 and a heat index of 640 (OK, OK, that's a bit of an exaggeration. I get sassy when I'm hot. The heat index today is actually closer to 120), I'm forced to think about colder times. Like this.


Happy day people. May air conditioners and ice cream abound.

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

This is still one of my all time favorite pictures!!

The only thing you can do on a day like this is drink lots of iced tea. Oh wait, you don't like tea, do you!! :-)

Stay inside baby!

Kearsie said...

This is when becoming a hermit sounds right.

Momma Roar said...

Have you considered moving? Somewhere north, like say where it snows 3' and then hangs around for the next several months! ;-D