Thursday, December 16, 2010

And thus it begins...

As of today, I'm off work until the Tuesday after Christmas. I'm so excited! {clapping hands with glee}

And today, we are headed to Houston.

Via Dallas.

Via Little Rock.

It's gonna' be like an episode of Amazing Race.

Drive.

Then fly.

Then fly.

I'm wondering if there will be a pat-down in there somewhere.

Erg. I hope not.

Unless it involves the Captain.

Oh, excuse me. I forget this is a PG-rated blog.

Never mind.

Let me get back on track.

We are going to Houston for the Captain's sister's graduation from culinary school.

I'm expecting to eat lots of yummy food this weekend. Surely all these graduates will show us what they've been studying and whip something up for us.

We're also celebrating our Christmas with all the rest of the Captain's Texas fam.

So we have to pack gifts too. All the gifts I bought for them are no larger than 4"x4". Matchbox cars for everybody! Not really. But even lots of small gifts end up taking lots of space in one's suitcase.

And I don't fly too much anymore, so I'm not really good at "minimal packing". I am hoping to pull off mixing and matching at its finest. I may just end up wearing my Christmas tree pajama pants the whole weekend. Surely they won't care. And maybe the newly graduated chefs will think it's parsley or endive or something on my pants.

Oh, by the way, if there are any house robbers reading my blog, don't get any big ideas about breaking in my house and stealing all the Christmas gifts under my tree. The Captain has arranged for the SWAT team to house-sit for us. Be afraid. And stay away.

Alrighty, people. Have a nice day. Y'all play nice while I'm gone.

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

Have a marvelous trip! I can't wait to hear about your adventures!!

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel