Monday, February 14, 2011

Lizards + Flats + Jack Rabbits - Fire + Volleyball = My Weekend

So yeah, this weekend we went to a volleyball tournament. And by "weekend", I mean we left at 5:30 pm on Friday and got home at 9:30 pm on Sunday.

Jordan remained on the DL for the weekend. I am hoping, HOPING, HOPING she gets the go-ahead this week and will be able to play. For a million reasons, I hope she will be able to play. But I guess in the meantime, she will continue to learn her lessons of character-building and patience.

It wasn't a totally uneventful weekend, however.

Because on the way down Friday night, we were chased by a giant green lizard.

Saturday, we rode with a teammate to dinner and experienced a flat tire. While doing 75 down the interstate. Because nothing says OHMYGOODNESS like sitting on the (not very large) shoulder of the interstate with a flat tire.



Thank goodness she had that very fancy in-car safety service. And we felt like we were on those TV commercials. And they even knew EXACTLY where we were. Hello, George Orwell holding on line 2. So the fancy in-car safety service people sent somebody named Jack Rabbit to the rescue.

Jack Rabbit was obviously from Louisiana and had quite the "regional" accent. I kind of felt like I was on an episode of Swamp People. Minus the gators and all. Oh wait - maybe that was a GATOR that chased us earlier...

But anyway, Fellow Team Mom Amy is originally from Ohio and she couldn't understand a single thing Cajun Jack Rabbit was saying. I kind of felt like the Holy Spirit, interpretting regional dialect and all. It kind of went from Cajun to Southern to Northern.

Anyway, Jack worked on changing the flat while we sat in the car and ate pepperoni and wheat thins. And before we knew it, we were back on the road in no time.

Later Saturday, Connie thought the hotel was on fire and she wandered up and down the hall in her pj's with the hotel maintenance guy sniffing around.

And last night on the drive home, I played Words with Friends against myself using my phone and Connie's phone. Yes, I have issues and an incredibly addictive personality.

But regardless of the flat, and the fire, and an experience at the Subway on the drive home that I can't really even find the words to write about, it was a fun weekend.

And, just like that, it's Monday again.

So, that's pretty much that.

Word.

0 Wanna' ramble too?: