Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A night at the ballpark

So Cooper had his first baseball game last night.

The Captain is Assistant Coach. Did I tell you that already?

Except last night he had to be the Head Coach because Coach Luis was stuck in Florida and couldn't get back for the game.

The Captain was caught a little off guard by that announcement and was like, "Whoa" and then scrambled to get a line-up together and then act all Head Coachy.

(Coach Luis is from Cuba....and Coop says he tells the team that he is going to "teeeeech theeem the foondameentals".)

Let's just say that it wasn't a great night for the mighty Lions.

Who went down 11-1.

Erg.

But Cooper did a good job at 3rd base. Even though most of the action he saw was the other team's players just running right on by on their way toward home.

And he struck out swinging when he was at bat. Key word that sentence is swinging. But who cares if he struck out cause he looked so cute in his little baseball pants waggling his bootie at home plate.

And I screamed, "Go C-Dog! Your little bootie looks so cute in those pants! Mommy loves you!"

OK, I didn't do that.

But I did scream at the Captain, "Go Captain! Your little bootie looks so cute in those pants! Mommy loves you!"

OK, I didn't really do that either.

I just sat there and clapped and hollered things like, "We want a pitcher, not a belly itcher."

OK, I didn't do that either.

Anyhoo, that about wraps it up. I'm going to hug my crock pot and start my day.

1 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

Oh, I love the little fellas in their baseball pants.

Who am I kidding. I love the big fellas in their baseball pants too.

And, at least he went down swinging!