Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Some cough cough and lots of ick

I spent the whole night in the minor med with Jordan.

And by "whole night", I mean I finally got home at midnight.

As in THIS MORNING.

And it's wrong to get home and go to bed in the same day when you are supposed to get up and go to work.

See also: I'm too old to keep hours like that.

This comes on the heals of Monday night where I apparently just thought it would be hilarious to wake up at 12:30am and not fall asleep again until 3:15am. Awesome.

Anyhoo, Jordan and I were entertained at the minor med for several hours.

Fellow patients and moms included one mom who thought she could soothe her sick child by singing "The Wheels on the Bus". Loudly.

A little girl sitting behind us puking. Lovely.

Her mom eventually went outside and got a blanket and they PUT IT ON THE FLOOR and she laid down. The floor. Of a pediatric minor med waiting room. That was enough to make ME puke.

We got bumped by a concussion. He was puking too. They eventually hauled him off to the hospital via ambulance.

One kid just screamed the entire time. The. Entire. Time.

Another kid rearranged the chairs.

Screaming.

Puking.

Crying.

The driver on the bus says move on back.

I just went to my happy place.

And took my hand sanitizer with me.

Jordan is OK. She has a cough and was having some difficulty breathing. She was diagnosed with bronchitis and now has breathing treatments for five days and some Rx for the week.

In other news, my favorite 3rd baseman had three RBI's last night! Woot! The Lions walked away with a 6-6 tie against one of the leagues apparent "best" teams. And that's better than an 11-1 loss any day.

That's all I've got for you this lovely day.

That, and some bags under my eyes.

The end.

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

Unknown said...

That reminds me of our night at the ER a few months back - lots of interesting people to see there. Although as a general rule the adults were slightly more calm than the kids you described. Fun time! Fun as in I don't want to do that again.

JuJu said...

Oh, I loathe the doctor's office. I especially loathe the pediatrician's office. So, I can't imagine what you went through.
You deserve a gold star and a nice long nap.

I hope Jordan is feeling better!!