Monday, May 16, 2011

Don't pick me....

Guess what today is?!? My first day of Jury Duty. Inexplicable joy, people. And, as if manuerving through downtown isn't bad enough, the President of the United States of America will be downtown today delivering a high school commencement address. Major. Traffic. Snarl.

The only good thing about today's jury duty is there is a guy from church who has to go too. So we are carpooling down there today. It probably won't work out the rest of the week because we will probably be picked for separate trials and such. But at least I'll have a friend today.

I'm wondering how today will play out...

Now, don't get me wrong - I'm all in favor of our legal system and a firm believer in a fair trial and I love the USA and all that stuff... But it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if they didn't pick me to sit on a trial.

Maybe they won't pick me....

Wondering if I can play my "I sleep with a cop" card or the ever popular "I watch Law & Order every night and am a big fan of courtroom drama!".

Oh well.

I'm taking my book. Cause it promises to be a long day. It also promises to be excellent blog fodder. People watching at its finest. So stay tuned.

Now, for the latest from the Department of Homeland Break-Ups...She's moved on from bags of chocolate and sad country music to raw cookie dough and Nicholas Sparks movies. Guess that's progress. It's still slightly complicated. But they will figure it out.

Alrighty....that's it for me. Let's hope it's a good day. And let's hope I don't get sequestered.

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

Unknown said...

I had jury duty several years ago. And you're right - there are all kinds of people there. Like the homeless man who asked me to watch his blanket (it was winter) while he went in the restroom to wash his feet.

JuJu said...

Oh no. Did you get picked? Did you see Obama?

I walked in the door from our vacation, and what was waiting on me? Jury duty notice!!!

Bless Jordan. If I lived closer, I'd eat cream cheese and tostitos with her. That helps most sad hearts.