Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Barometer

Because nothing says coming up with a blog post by stealing an idea from somebody else, I bring you, ala Busy Mom Barometer, My Barometer...

Wishing -- I could stay home with my kids in the summer.

Needing -- Another cup of coffee

Reading -- "The Second Opinion" by Michael Palmer. Pretty good medical thriller.

Thinking -- About life and family and balance and parenting (heavy, I know) and today's heat (ridiculous) and dinner tonight (casserole in the freezer)

Singing -- "You Lie" by The Band Perry. Although when I asked Jordan who sang that song and she said The Band Perry, I thought it was more like the band Perry. So I said that I really liked Perry. And she kept saying, "It's The Band Perry." And I was like, "Yes, Perry. I like them." Anyway, just remember, "You lie like a penny in the parking lot at the grocery store."

Dreading -- Driving all the way downtown today at 5:00 pm to make a presentation that will last all of three minutes. Stupid.

Needing -- a pedicure

Listening -- to the dryer and the morning news

Waiting -- for my pants to come out of the dryer

Liking -- Friday Night Lights. "Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can't Lose." See also: "Obsessed" and "Last one to the party"

Stealing -- Busy Mom's Barometer. Thanks, Busy Mom, for letting me use your barometer. Even though I didn't even ask permission, I just stole it.

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

Unknown said...

Maybe they are "The Band Perry" so that they won't be confused with Perry the Platypus. I can see how people would get them mixed up.

JuJu said...

If it will make you feel better, I am going to steal this from you now?

Good luck on the drive downtown. Listen to that band you like on the way? That will help?