Monday, August 8, 2011

The one where my daughter almost got arrested...

I'll try to make a long story short. Which is hard for me to do.

Jordan and five other girls, and (THANKFULLY) the mother of one of the girls (WHO IS NOT ME), went rolling Friday night.

Well, since it was 2:30 in the morning, that technically made it Saturday morning.

This activity came to light when she texted me and called me a few times.

But, thanks to good ol' Tylenol PM, I didn't hear the incessant buzzing of my phone. But the Captain did. And before he called her back, he saw the text message that said, "the cops just caught us & mrs. e rolling. oh my goodness. funniest thing of my life mom"

When he called her back, all she said was, "Oh, I just wanted to tell Mom a funny story."

At 2:30 in the morning. Seems as if she failed to share the "got interrogated by the cops" part with her Daddy. Understandable.

So by that point, I was awake. And I texted her back to get the skinny.

My brief overview included this little piece of info: "All the cops thought it was hilarious."

Wait! What?

ALL the cops?

ALL?

Define ALL?

"Three cop cars with blue lights and spotlights."

So anyway, after explaining that they knew the folks that lived there, and it was an ongoing youth group joke, the girls talked their way out of being hauled in. Whew.

Oh, and if you are wondering why the mom didn't come help them out, she was a bit busy herself being questioned by another cop as a "suspicious vehicle" since she was parked around the corner ala getaway car. But apparently once the girls, and the mom, and alllll the cops got together and told the whole story, they all got a big jolly out of it. That's Jordan's story and she's sticking to it.

Jordan later told me she was glad she didn't get a salutation. Dear Straight A Student, that would be a CITATION.

She also told me that "it sounded like Dad was sound asleep when I talked to him."

See earlier note where I mention it was TWO THIRTY IN THE MORNING.

The fact that my daughter didn't get arrested was definitely the highlight of my weekend.

The other highlight of my weekend included securing most of our supplies, uniforms, and other school related necessities. That's always a big hooray.

And now it's Monday. Not so much a big hooray.

But my kids still have one more week of summer. Hooray.

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

I feel sorriest for the poor mom driving the get away car? :-)

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the Captain will get some good razzing out of this. :-)

Just Mom said...

LOL!

Oh, my belly hurts from laughing so hard.

Susan said...

It's always the cop's kids and the preacher's kids...

:)