Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The one where I'm still talking about volleyball

Another fabulous volleyball post. I know. It's just so exciting. Does anybody still even read this blog? Hello?


So, the JV game that normally starts at 5pm was scheduled to start at 6pm. Which means the varsity game that normally starts at 6pm would start at 7pm.

And after the 8th grade game ran late, the JV game didn't even start until 6:30 pm.

And then they lost in two. Boo.

And, not to brag, but Jordan had a great game. Yea.

I guess that's bragging since I'm talking about how well she played. But I guess it's my blog and my kid so I can brag if I want to. But, for what it's worth, I had three folks tell me they thought Jordan played the best game they've ever seen. So, apparently I wasn't the only one. And I'm proud of number seven.

I'm really just glad she didn't growl at the other team again tonight. Altho the first thing she said when she came over to the very comfortable bleachers, was "DUDE! DID YOU SEE ME BLOCK NUMBER TEN?!?!?!?" And then she made some sort of angry animal sound. Humph.

So, where were we? Oh, yes, sitting on the very comfortable bleachers... And the varsity game that normally starts at 6pm was supposed to start at 7pm, but then it was also senior night, so we had all that rah rah.

THEN the game started.

We were getting a big ol' dose of butt-whipping served up to us on a less than silver platter.

And it was kind of fine with me because by the time we were half-way through the third game - also known as the We Can Finally Head Home Game - guess what happened?!? Yes - A RALLY!!! And I don't know how I feel about a rally in the third game when it's already 9pm. You read that right. NINE PM. As in - well, as in nine pm.

We ended up losing the next game which made me so happy because I was almost unconscious with exhaustion which made me sad because I wanted to come back to beat those Mustangs. So that was the end of that.

And we headed home at 9:45 pm. And I had no feeling in my rear end. Because of four hours sitting on the very comfortable bleachers.

We got home, Jordan ate dinner, blew off her French homework and everybody went to bed. But somebody - aka ME - had to stay up and wait for the washing machine to finish so the "line dry only" jerseys could be line dried. Because we all know that "tumble dry low" doesn't really cut it and it would be pretty bad if that big number seven melted all over my dryer in my attempt to get a jump start on my sleep.

So now, here we are on Tuesday morning. And there was enough day in yesterday to at least count twice. But apparently not. I know it seems like all I talk about these days is how we are doing volleyball every night and how I am so tired. But we are doing volleyball every night. And I am so tired.

And, yes, there's a game tonight.

Somebody save me a seat on the very comfortable bleachers.

1 Wanna' ramble too?:

MOM said...

I'm always here - your bigest fan , along with your sister.