Monday, October 31, 2011

Boooooooots

This post is about boots. But it's also Halloween. So the title for today's post should cover both bases. I know, I know.... How do you people stand the cleverness of this blog? Bless...

In an effort to find the balance between cute and warm for Friday night's homecoming game, and after extensive fashion coaching from Connie, I set out Friday afternoon to find some boots. You know - boots. Like "fashionista wear with jeans" boots. Boots.

Quick text to the Captain:

Me: Gonna' run by the store and look for some boots.

Captain: What about your boots in the garage?

(Part of me thought this was hilarious since the Captain is boot-obsessed. And for him to even remotely question a boot purchase was slightly funny.)

Me: Well, maybe... but it's not gonna' be wet. Just cold. Boot boots.

Captain: Oh, I thought those were insulated.


After a futile search, I headed home bootless and reported my failure to the Captain.

He still kept talking about wearing the boots in the garage.

Now, this whole time I thought he was talking about my little polka dot rain boots. Cute? Yes. Warm? No. Wet outside? No.

"Oh, not those," he said. "The insulated camo hunting boots."

CAMO HUNTING BOOTS?

TO HOMECOMING?!!??!!?

He's hilarious.

Now, I'm not much of a fashion plate. And, yes, I had stated that Warm > Cute. But, I would have to draw the line at the camo hunting boots.

I did find some acceptable footwear.

And my feet stayed warm.

And the Lions won.

And are district champs!

And we all lived happily ever after.

The end.

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

Connie said...

My toes were frozen by the end of the game....because apparently my fashionable boots are not insulated. So.

Unknown said...

I was there! And I was wearing boots! And they probably wouldn't be described as cute. But apparently they weren't quite as warm as I thought they would be.

JuJu said...

Men. Men and their fashion sense. Pshaw.