Friday, October 28, 2011

Gladys, a Flood, and Nothing to Wear

It's cold and it's raining and it's Friday.

And, I still don't have the scoop on Gladys. And the Captain has no info either so I will have to call Grandma Betty today. Gladys told me Grandma Betty/Aunt Betty gave her a red slip for high school graduation. And she still has it. Now that little nugget of info just may hold the key to why she is not an active member of the {Insert Captain's Last Name Here} Clan. I question the motives of anybody who holds on to a red slip for forty plus years ...

So how was your day yesterday? My day featured a water line in our break room that busted overnight and flooded our building. Yeah, when water runs continuously all night long, it tends to create quite a little problemo.... So I spent the morning helping clean up soaked fallen ceiling tile and sucking water out of carpeting. It's a huge mess. You know it's not going to be a good day when you get to work and see twelve "Water Disaster Recovery" trucks in your parking lot.

No, I didn't stay awake and watch the game that was apparently nuts and great and long. Sounds exciting. But so were my seven hours of sleep. Clutch. Cardinals.

Homecoming football game tonight. Feel kind of compelled to dress "cute" which is slightly problematic because I'm pretty sure a big ol' Park County Wyoming Sheriff's Department hoodie that I stole from the Captain doesn't qualify as "cute". Fashion plate I'm not. Well, Go Lions anyway.

Alrighty....

Word to your mother.

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

Ice Ice Baby.

I am thinking a woman who hangs on to the red slip probably has some GREAT stories about that slip?

Try not to float away today!

Unknown said...

What word should I give to my mother?

Oh, and I'll look for you tonight at the game. Maybe we can all recognize each other with our heavy winter coats and stuff.