Wednesday, November 16, 2011

crazy calling

Yeah, I'm knocking on the door of "I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO".

Trying to hold it together.

At least I'm not as bad as the friend I saw at the grocery last night. Who had a buggy full of Thanksgiving meal ingredients. She thought Thanksgiving was THIS Thursday... Bless...

I'm just getting confused with all the stuff and the days and all the things.

I almost sent Cooper to school yesterday dressed like an Indian. Except that is supposed to be today. Awesome.

And this weekend I'm hoping to put my Christmas decorations up. Which totally violates my holiday code. But, because of other stuff going on, it's either this weekend or two days before Christmas. And that's not so cool.

But I think this Saturday is the only day that Cooper and his little friend can practice their talent show.

So now I'm afraid my tree won't get put up at all.

And I went to sleep last night crying to the Captain "... and one day our kids will be telling their therapist 'Well, one year we didn't have a Christmas tree... ' "

Oh yeah, the talent show.

It's next Tuesday.

Wanna' know what we've done for that?

Nothing.

Zip.

Nada.

Other than decide he is doing knock knock jokes.

Knock Knock.

Who's there.

A crazy woman.

And a week from today we are leaving for a five day trip to Texas for Thanksgiving with the Captain's family. More on that little journey later. It's shaping up to be a real adventure.

And for the first time ever in my whole entire life, I won't have my mom's dressing for Thanksgiving. I could bawl my eyes out about that.

But I've purchased AND WRAPPED THANK YOU VERY MUCH some gifts. Cause, yeah, we're doing Christmas next week too. So, it's really more like Thanksmas actually.

And it's all fine. And it will all be fine. Because I feel all suffocatingish like this every year. And then it all gets done. And works out nicely. And Christmas comes. And is lovely. Whether you have a tree or not.

God bless us every one.

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

Unknown said...

Poor thing. I can't imagine Thanksgiving without my grandmother's dressing. I know I have other stuff to be thankful for, but that dressing is always right there at the top of the list.

mom said...

There was one other time. When your dad was in the hospital and I could't make it. I told you how and you made it. It was good.So, you can be a fill in when I can't.

JuJu said...

Here's a joke for Cooper:

Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Dwayne.
Dwayne Who?
Dwayne the Bathtub, I'm dwowning.

(my all time fave)
Happy Christmas a month early!