Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back at it.

Alrighty. Back at it. Reality hits hard this morning. Back to school and work. Back to uniforms and homework. No more jammie pants and naps. Dislike. Dislike. DIS. LIKE.

A random holiday recap:

The ham and pork tenderloins I was so obsessed about? Well, they froze. In that tiny little refrigerator. Frozen solid chunks o' pork. I discovered this tragedy just a few hours before they were supposed to go in the smoker. It was a serious refrigerator setting fail. So back to the grocery on Christmas Eve Eve to pick up more meat. I may have appeared desperate when I was crying to the butcher lady, "I NEED TWO MORE PORK TENDERLOINS AND A HAM. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE."

The holiday feeding of the five thousand went well. Food was delish. And plenty.

Santa brought Cooper tickets to WWE Monday Night Raw. It was last night. We got home at 11pm. While that late bedtime is not working out so well with the early alarm clock this morning, I figured today would be ugly regardless, so might as well go out with a bang. A good wrestlin' time was had by all.

We had a great week at the beach. Laziness abounded. Sun, naps, books, football, and lots of cream cheese.

Lots of cream cheese. And sour cream. Our annual Dipapalooza turned into a weeklong Dipapalooza.

It was chilly in the mornings and Connie and I took our heated throws (yes, we took those, thank you very much) and coffee out to the balcony. Nice.

I read Redeeming Love. If you haven't read it, read it. You won't be sorry.

I'm also almost finished with the current rage, The Hunger Games. It's a good one.

And, guess what? The Captain gave me a Kindle for Christmas!! Woot! I'm anxious to load some books on there. Since we already had the books that I'm reading now, I didn't do the ebook thing with those....

It's 25 degrees right now. That's ridiculous. Especially since this time last week I had my toes in the sand. Well, this time last week, I WAS ASLEEP, but you get my drift.

So, back at it today.

Oh, and volleyball practice tonight. Errrrrg.

OK, let's hear from you on this Whatever Day of January it is....

How were your holidays?
What did Santa bring you?
Any New Year's Resolutions to share?

Sound off.

0 Wanna' ramble too?: