Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Let me in

I'm more tired this morning than I was yesterday. What's up with that?

I went to bed relatively early and didn't even stay awake to watch Whatshisname win the National Championship.

So, since I have no real creative things going this morning, I'll just share another Atlanta Adventure train story that does not involve guns....

One night after we had played some less than stellar volleyball, we ran in the pouring down rain, from the convention center to the train station. I grabbed our little fare card things out of my bag and gave Jordan's to her. You have to tap your little fare card thing on the pad, wait for the beep, and then your gate thing opens and you can go in.

So we all tap and go.

Tap.

Beep.

Go.

Tap.

Beep.

Go.

Except Jordan.

She's still standing on the other side of the gate thing.

Tap.

No beep.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

No beep.

I knew I had loaded TWO TRIPS on the card that morning. One to get there. And one to get back.

I walked back over to the gate thing and that's when I saw the problem.

I had given her the hotel key card.

Westin Hotel.

Key card.

Room number 820.

Won't get you on the train.

0 Wanna' ramble too?: