Wednesday, April 25, 2012

a post about post its

I survived the expo. 

It was seven hours of pure entertainment.

And humanity did not let me down.

Let's just say people will act a fool for a pad of post its.  Seriously.

Act. A. Fool. 

Apparently they thought the little pads were dollar bills or something.  Who knew?

One man wanted to argue that a certain surgeon was with our practice.  No, he isn't.  Are you sure?  Yes I'm sure.  You are SURE?  Yes, I'm sure.  Well, I sure think he is.  Well, I don't really know what to tell you other than he's not.  You're SURE about that?   Yes, I'm sure.  You are telling me that Dr. B. does not work there.  Yes, that's what I'm telling you.

I also love the folks who come by, pick up all your cheap giveaway stuff, and then about an hour later come back again acting like they've never been there.  I remember you lady.

What I can't remember, however, is what I gave away last year.  And, yes,  there was one person who told me everything I handed out at my booth last year.   Really? I couldn't even tell her what I ate for breakfast four hours before that and she remembers my giveaways 365 days ago.

And no sir, I don't really want to see your scar.

Folks just act all nice to you to get your stuff.  Don't play nice, lady.  Just get what you want and move on.

Then there are the folks who almost get a little beligerent if they think your giveaways are not worthy.  They are professional expo trollers.

These expo things are all part of my job, I know that.   And, I don't do many of them.  I'm just not sure I could handle doing stuff like that all the time.

But folks are just nuts.  Over a pen.

The Captain and all his cop cronies came by to see me too.  I certainly attracted some attention with all the gun toters hanging around booth 608.

And, I got two honking blisters on my foot.  No idea why since I was held captive in my booth all day and did no walking around.

Anyhoo, I made it through the day.  And we've made it to Wednesday.  And that's a good thing.


0 Wanna' ramble too?: