Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I dooooooo!

Nineteen years ago today, the Captain and I said I DO.

And I became Mrs. Captain.

We dated 58 years before we got married, so we've really been together 962 years.

That's a long time, people.

A lot of water under the old marital bridge.

We thought we were going to get to sleep super early last night - 7:30.  Yes, 7:30.  I'm telling you we are a real live Mamaw and Pawpaw.  

But, the home phone rang. and rang. and rang. and rang.

And, the Captain's work phone rang. and rang. and rang. and rang.

So we ended up going to sleep at 10:00.  Which is late for a Mamaw and Pawpaw.

Then, this morning at 4:15 am, we woke up to the sound of Gauge getting sick.  Which is a sound all to itself.  Not really the best way to wake up.  On your anniversary or any other day for that matter.

Then while he was trying to tell me Happy Anniversary, the Captain rolled over and poked me in the eye.

I love my life.

Really.

So much.






2 Wanna' ramble too?:

Unknown said...

We did the long engagement thing, too, around four years. And this year, Laura will have been married half of her life. Which means that we were really, really young when we started dating. Really.

Congratulations! Hope you have many more great years!

JuJu said...

Happiest of Anniversaries!!