Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hump Day

Another musical great has a birthday today. Paul McCartney turns 66 today.

OK, so I did NOT get up this morning to hit the treadmill like I had planned. And I feel guilty about that now. I stayed up a bit later than I should have trying to finish my book - which was GREAT. Very suspenseful. So when the alarm went off at 4:10am, I just reset it. Never thought twice about it. What's wrong with me?!? I used to just hop right up and get to it. Now all I want to do is sleep. It's gotten very easy to sleep later. And I'm loving it....But, that has to stop. Tomorrow FOR SURE I'm getting up to exercise.

I saw the head track and cross country coach for Rhodes College yesterday. We talked about my marathon. He was excited about that and he really encouraged me to keep up the running in some form. He seemed to agree with my thinking -- focus on some 5ks and start training for a half. He offered to make a training schedule for me and help me out. Nice. I'm going to take a look at the calendar and see when I need to get serious about the half marathon training. Not that I'm this super conditioned athlete, but I don't want to lose what little endurance I've built up, so I need to start doing some running pretty soon. Tomorrow!

Nuts when we are excited to say "The high today is ONLY 86". It feels nice out there this morning. Wish I could play Ferris Buehler and make today's 1:05 Redbirds baseball game.....

Hope everybody has a good day today!

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad about sleeping a little longer. when school starts, you won't have a choice.
ILY

Anonymous said...

i thought paul mccartney was like 38... apparently not... hi nanny....