Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Best in the World

They were talking on the radio this morning about winning Olympic gold medals and asked listeners what 'life sport' they would win a gold medal in. People called in with various events like "being late for work" and "baking cookies".

So I started thinking, what I would win the big gold medal in? I decided I would bring home the gold in the great sport of Multi-Tasking. On a typical morning, in a span of about three hours, I can exercise, take a shower, put my make up on, do my hair, get dressed, eat breakfast, feed the Bloggie Doggie, read my devo, make a casserole for the night's dinner, do my blogging, wake up (or attempt to wake up) three people (this often requires multiple attempts), fix breakfast for three said people, put a load of laundry in the washer, fold the load of laundry from the dryer, check email, chase the Bloggie Doggie to get the TV remote out of his mouth, jot a note for a friend, find the overdue library books, sign papers to return to school, make the bed, read the paper, and move the sprinkler. I think I'm a shoe-in for the gold.

So, what about you?

In what life sport would you win a gold medal?

Talk to me people.

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

KookieKnows said...

Angie, you do deserve a gold medal. I'm exhausted just reading what you do and then you have to go to your paying job. WOW!

I think I could win a gold medal in reading. I love to read and have read as many as 5 books or more in a day(I won't tell you what kind) :) without doing much else of course.

Love,

Leah Ann

Anonymous said...

FIVE BOOKS IN A DAY!?!?!?! That's a world record for sure and very deserving of a gold medal. I love to read too, but I do good to finish a book in a week.

Thanks for the ramble and congrats on your gold medal!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! to both of you. I can tell that both of you are "chips from your Mother's blocks".
You both wore me out.
Love
Aunt Lois