Thursday, September 18, 2008

Messed up. In more ways than one.

For some reason, my first post this morning, "Living a Dog's Life", fell under yesterday's date. Not sure what's up with that.

Anyhoo, the Captain was unmercifully teased at work yesterday. Words like "Captain Princess" and "Twinkle Toes" were used all day long. He was called into the Chief's office for ribbing. There were questions about his masculinity. All is better this morning, although he does think that it is not over at headquarters. He thinks they will continue to harrass him. I secretly hope they give him a gift certificate to Beauty Max.

I contend that it is not MY fault that the Inspector told the universe. I think he should be mad at HIM. However, the Captain says that the Inspector has thrown me under the bus and is alleging that I betrayed the marital trust and shouldn't have even told him in the first place.

I told the Captain that he needs to tell them that he discovered yesterday that the feeling of freshly manicured toes is actually quite invigorating and he's leaving early this afternoon for a pedicure appointment at the day spa.

I think they are all jealous that their wives didn't play a little jokey joke on them. They wish they were Fun-Havers like we are.

I will say that if the shoe were on the other foot (or the polish were on the other toe), and it was another officer that showed up with a gorgeous pedi, that the Captain would be the first one in line for a little friendly teasing. It's not really that big of a deal. It's not like I dyed his hair or he wore my underwear to work. It was just a few little pink piggie toes. What's the big deal?!?

I did tell him this morning that this was really all his fault because it started with him when he said I should ignore my toe-nub since nobody looks at their toes. I do have to say that the "Do you look at your toes at least once a day?" poll received more votes than any other poll that we have conducted here on the Me and My Good Life blog. It's a hot topic people.

If there is to be any retaliation, and I'm sure there will be, I hope it's directed toward the Inspector....He's the one with the big mouth. But I'm the one left holding the polish.

4 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

He will probably lay low for a while and when you least expect it, he will return the favor.

Anonymous said...

I'd LOVE a free pedicure!!!

friend of the captain said...

It was first posted on the Internet. Then the blogger called the Inspector to tell. You can't blame the Inspector or co-workers for having fun with it. The more that is written, the worse it gets.

friend of the captain said...

Oh no! It's getting worse for the captain. The photo is floating around.