Friday, May 1, 2009

Check under the hood ma'am?

An email I got this week....

"Dear Angie,

Based on your background and experience at fill-in-the-blank-with-the-name-of-the-place-that-I-work, we have identified you as an ideal candidate for ownership of an XYZ Oil Change and Service Center franchise......"

What exactly does that mean??? Not real sure how to take any of that.

I am in marketing and PR. In a healthcare setting.

I see no connection between that and owning an oil change place. Am I qualified to own an oil change place? What is required to do that? Apparently my "background and experience" with fonts, ad campaigns, media pitches and logos correlates directly with cooling system inspections, emissions, tire rotations, and windshield wiper fluid. Who'da thunk? I am more well-rounded than I thought.

Jerry P. (a.k.a. Director of Franchise Sales), thanks for the offer to own my very own oil change place. But I don't think I'll be making a "brief telephone call to discuss."

I'm sure there is a dipstick joke in here somewhere. But I'm not going there.

I'm just gonna' go write a press release.

0 Wanna' ramble too?: