Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday blah blah blah

I don't know about you, but I'm so happy to see Friday I could kiss it on the mouth. It has been a better week with less chaos but I still find myself in a challenging season of my life which leaves me emotionally and mentally exhausted. That's all I'm gonna' say about that. But I'll just end it by saying I may or may not have sent Connie a text this week that said something to the effect of "All I want to do is sit in the bathtub and cry and suck my thumb."

This weekend will the much better. Because I plan to bury myself in the remaining few days of the Olympics. Curling and hockey and bobsled. Oh my! In case you haven't noticed, I am totally beyond obsessed with the Olympics. Seriously. I love watching this stuff.

I want some of those argyle pants that the curlers from Norway wear. I think they would be quite slimming on me. Especially since I'm so petite and all.

Three weeks from today we will be kicking off March Madness and the NCAA tourney. And that brings me tremendous joy. It's the most wonderful time of the year. (Are you singing that little holiday ditty now? You're welcome.) I am afraid, however, that my beloved Tigers will not be participating this year. At this point I'm afraid we are not even on the bubble. And that brings me tremendous grief.

Cooper announced last night that from now on he will only eat half of his dinner. He will throw the remaining half away which will then be taken by the garbage pick up people to the dump. And then the homeless people can eat it. It is a most noble idea. I think I will recommend donating some canned goods to the food bank. Especially since I am also convinced the boy has a tape worm and there is no way, even with good intentions, he can only eat half his dinner. He usually eats ALL his dinner and whatever is left on our plates too. Boy can eat. But I am proud that he wants to tackle the plight of world hunger.

Yesterday I got my tires rotated, an oil change, a brow wax and a hair cut. It was a most productive day in the vehicle and personal maintenance department.

Alright people. Let's have a good Friday ok? Play nice.

Oh - and one last thing --

USA! USA! USA!

4 Wanna' ramble too?:

Momma Roar said...

USA USA USA

It's quite catchy! ;)

Have a great weekend! We'll be enjoying the Olympics as well. It goes too quickly for me!

Kearsie said...

Sadly, I didn't watch much of the Olympics this year. But summer Olympics, I was up every single night until midnight glued to the TV to see if swimming was on.

KaseysKrazyMommy said...

I think I am equally as happy that today is Friday! This week hasn't been particularly tough, but not one for the fave archives either.

I need a day of personal/vehicle maintenance! That sounds like a great idea for this weekend for me.

I look forward to March Madness as well... I'm an Iowa girl, and spent much of my youth watching Iowa basketball with my mom... not such a fan of the NBA (though my hubs is a fan of most all sports, so I watch if he's watching).

Hope your weekend works out the way you are hoping. :)

JuJu said...

Cooper makes me smile.