Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Get on the bus

By the time you read this, I will be on a bus.

Headed to St. Louis.

With 90 teenagers.

Yep, you guessed it.

I am a c-h-a-p-e-r-o-n-e.

Which is apparently French for "nobody else wants to spend three days trying to keep 90 teenagers in line".

Jordan's entire 7th grade class is headed to St. Louis on a school trip.

Connie is going too.

Cause misery loves company.

Actually there won't be misery.

Just a lot of teenagers.

Enough said.

Seriously though, they are a good group of kids.

And I've never been to St. Louis.

So I'm actually looking forward to the little road trip.

Let me just say that it is *very* hard for a Mom to be gone. For three days. But I have full confidence that the Captain can keep Cooper afloat while I'm gone. Special dress-up day Wednesday, baseball practice Thursday, spelling test Friday, along with the usual blah-blah-blah. I admit I had a tiny breakdown complete with tears when the Captain had a moment of enlightenment after he realized that somebody has to pick Cooper up from school on Friday since he was going to be at work and his mother would be out of pocket due to a medical procedure. "Oh yeahhh". (Dear God: Please don't let anybody forget to pick my baby up from school. Amen.)

On tap for today....

A visit to the Arch.

Dinner and the arcade at Dave and Buster's.

So off we go.

I've got some Lemon Heads, crossword puzzles, the Captain's stun-gun for crowd control and three gallons of hand sanitizer.

KIDDING!! I'M KIDDING.

I only have TWO gallons of hand sanitizer.

I'm hoping Connie, since she has the inside MD connection, is bringing some pills that are small and white.

JUST KIDDING PEOPLE!

Kind of....

Since I won't have much internet access, I'll be doing the beloved auto-post the rest of this week.

If I don't show back up on the ol' blog next week, call the authorities.

So peace out people. Play nice while I'm gone.

7 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

I can't wait for the details of this trip. Say hello to my hometown!

Cooper and the Captain. Alone. Oh dear.

Cameron and Rachel said...

Love that you are armed with hand sanitizer :)

And wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall at your house the next 3 days.

Hopefully the Captain is in one piece when you return.

Have a great trip!

Kearsie said...

St. Louis? Would you buy me one of those little souvenier spoons with the Arch on it?

Busy Mom said...

Bless you. Please bring back some Ted Drewes for me.

KaseysKrazyMommy said...

I hope you have a great time! Some day I'd like to get to the Arch... and maybe a Cardinals baseball game :) (I can't believe I grew up in IA and have never been to the Arch!)

w said...

i'm gonna miss you. also. kids scare me. you're the bravest person i know.

w said...

wait. remember sally? and how he had a bus? yeah. that thought just came to me.

you're still the bravest person i know. and connie.