Monday, March 8, 2010

I survived. And pass the Elmer's.

Yes, we made it home safe and sound from our trip to St. Louis with the 7th grade. The trip was great. And sometimes 90 teenagers seem more like 590 teenagers. But more on that later.

First, I must share with you the text messages I got from the Captain on Wednesday night. Which, for those of you keeping score at home, was the day I left....

Captain: Guess where we are?

Connie & I were on the bus returning to the hotel after a very, VERY long day. We were trying to guess where they might be. Sonic? All tucked in the cozy bed? I even made some joke about hoping they weren't in the ER or anything.

So Connie & I sat and patiently watched my iPhone for the next incoming message to give us the answer to the question.

And then we received this picture from the Captain:



Cue the tears.

Cooper had busted his head open playing football in the courtyard at church. Because apparently a 7 year old head does not fare well when it slams into a brick wall.

Connie started patting my arm saying "It's ok." over and over. I was upset. Because being 300 miles away from your child who is in the ER - for even a minor, yet apparently profusely bleeding, accident - is not a good feeling.

My MIL took him to the ER and the Captain - who was at some fancy policey dinner - met them there.

A little glue and he was good to go.

And that is the end of that. Other than some real careful hair washing for the next week or so.

Tomorrow I will share all the things I learned about going to St. Louis with 590 90 teenagers.

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

w said...

glue is good. to mend. not to sniff. i hope cooper is doing well.

glad you survived the nine thousand teenagers. you are way braver than me. i don't think i could resist kicking one or all of them.

JuJu said...

Oh bless your heart. I know that must have just have been a horrible feeling!!
I can't wait to hear Cooper's take on all of it.

Kearsie said...

Man, we've come far in medical technology. Glue?