Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Blink

Warning - this is a deep and sappy kind of post....Come back another day if you don't want to hear my "life is too short" blah blah blah...

So much always going on.

Life. It moves so fast.

The beginning of a new school year makes me all weepy. My kids are another year older. And sometimes it's hard to bear. Seriously. Time has marched on. I have an 8th grader and a 3rd grader. Stop. It.

My heart is all wigged out right now.

My heart still aches for my physician whose 20 year old daughter was killed in a car accident.
The Captain's grandmother was diagnosed with cancer and started chemo this week.
My 96 year old great aunt is dying. Literally. Dying. As I type this. Is in the last days of her life.
Nick B. continues to daily fight his brain tumor and have radiation and chemo.

Life. It's heavy.

And sometimes I get caught up in all the stuff that we are doing. Cooking dinner, driving kids around, buying school stuff, driving kids around, laundry, driving kids around. Did I mention driving kids around? I do a lot of that. Just so much stuff to do. Lots of it. And we're about to factor homework and school routine back into all this.

And I whine. And get all stressed out about it. And I chew on my lip. And get all splotchy. And fret. Cause it's just what I do...

And right now a lot of these things are causing my heart to experience some "inner turmoil".

And I realized -- AGAIN -- {head slap} -- that I am so hung up in the DOING the stuff that I sometimes am not just enjoying the STUFF. I have my to-do list and concentrate and focus on checking things off. But I wonder if I'm missing the THINGS.

Then yesterday - when I was driving Jordan to get her some of her braces put on - I heard this song. And yes, I've heard it before. Many times. But wow - it just smacked me in my Type A head. It's "Blink" by Revive. It's good stuff people.

And it goes something like this....


Teach me to number my days
And count every moment before it slips away
Taking all the colors before they fade to gray
I don't want to miss even just a second more of this

It happens in a blink
It happens in a flash
It happens in the time it takes to look back
I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink


Teach me to number my days
And count every moment before it slips away
Taking all the colors before they fade to gray
I don't want to miss even just a second more of this

It happens in a blink
It happens in a flash
It happens in the time it takes to look back
I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink

Slow down, slow down
Before today becomes our yesterday
Slow down, slow down
Before you turn around and it's too late

It happens in a blink
it happens in a flash
it happens in the time it takes to look back
I try to hold on tight but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink

It happens in a blink
it happens in a flash
it happens in the time it takes to look back
I try to hold on tight but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink.



Wanna' listen to it? Here ya' go...



Maybe I can't change life. And its pace. And its never ending to-do list. Or the laundry. Or carting kids all over the place. But I can slow MYSELF down. And live with a little more purpose and enjoyment right now. In the NOW. It's hard people. Because my to-do list chokes me at times.

OK, I think I'm done now. For the two of you who stuck with me and are still reading this post, thanks.

I'll be back tomorrow.

Enjoy your day my people.

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

First of all, I am so sorry that your heart is so heavy right now. I think sometimes that just happens. We get "full up." You are full up right now Ang.

Take a day off to rejuvenate. You need it, you deserve it and you've certainly earned it. Take care of your soul, so you can take care of others.

Sending you love, hugs and lots of patience!!
xxx

Unknown said...

Wow, that is deep. And just what I needed to hear, too.

KaseysKrazyMommy said...

I am sorry. I don't know exactly what you are going through, but I can relate.

There are so many days that I long to go back to that time in life when the days were long enough and there was nothing to worry about except for whether to go swimming or for a bike ride across town.

Sending you hugs. As you have done for me when I needed them. xoxox