Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Eat.

Let the eating season begin.

Office potluck today.

I am making that dish of deliciousness known as the Pioneer Woman's Apple Dumplings.

Seriously, people. Have you tried those?

They are heaven in a bowl. Heaven. In. A. Bowl.

How can you go wrong with a recipe that calls for two sticks of butter.

Yes, you read that right. TWO.

I blogged about them when I made them the first time.

Want to read it? It's also known as "the post where I attempt to convince the Captain that since the recipe has apples in it, then it must be healthy."

OK, I'm moving on to something else other than the dumplings.

I am also counting down the days until my Mom's dressing.

Yes, I will talk about that every day for the rest of this week. I love it that much. I will knock family members down to get my share - and theirs too - of this stuff. Back off, people.

And I have a big bird in my frig.

And 15 boxes of cream cheese.

(I'm petitioning the government to establish cream cheese as a stand alone food group in the food pyramid.)

'Tis the season.

And just so I can talk about something other than food in this post, I will let you know I have purchased some Christmas gifts.

Be amazed.

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

I hope you have a wonderful food weekend!!
I am so with you on the cream cheese status. It is truly the food of the Gods.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Angie!!

Unknown said...

If your mother's dressing is as good as my grandmother's dressing, then I know what you're talking about!

sweethomealagirl said...

I feel the same about my mom's dressing, and Sarge's grandma's, too. Maybe it should be it's own food group. I think Boomama would completely agree about cream cheese!