Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The invitation

Yeah, so I got invited to jury duty.

Or as Cooper said when he read it out loud, "I am Herbie Sim-owned" which is also known as "hereby summoned".

There are apparently ways to be excused. Because the invitation even came with a little list.

Eighteen years or older, US citizen - ok, check check - no loophole there.

Convicted of a felony? Nope.

Convicted of an "infamous offense"? Aahhhhaaaa....So I ask the Captain for more details on this as I'm SURE I have been a party to an infamous offense. He quickly told me that rolling a yard did not count. Humph. I'm thinking I still may need to follow up on this...

Physical condition? No way out there.

That's when I saw it.

I'm going to try to use the “mental issues which may prevent a potential juror from serving”, but apparently it might take a real MD to diagnose that, not just one’s husband and a few close friends...

Connie said it might be either good or bad my last name begins with a “W”. Also, "Doesn’t it matter that you are a policeman’s wife??? I would think your logic is skewed as to criminals." She's got a point.

So next week I'll spend most of Wednesday sitting down at the convention center.

It's at least good for a few things:

Catching up on my book, people watching, blog fodder.

Stay tuned.

And, oh my word people, it's March 1st.

So Rabbit Rabbit and all that stuff.

5 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

You can also mention being a part of some weird cult or supporting aliens. That usually turns attorney's heads. STRIKE!

Oh, the blog fodder!!

Best Sister in the World said...

What about that time in college we drove on the sidewalk down Park Avenue to get from the Walgreens to the Captain D's??? Does that count? (shoot...I forgot Mom reads your blog...um....just kidding mom!!)

Best Sister in the World said...

Also...if you walk in with a weird look in your eyes mumbling "I hope we get to fry somebody" over and over, they would probably let you go...

Unknown said...

If you don't come up with a way out, I think that "people watching" and "blog fodder" will go hand in hand. It's pretty easy to make up all kinds of interesting stories about the people you see. And for some of them, you really don't even have to use your imagination.

Momma Roar said...

Say Hi to Herbie!