Thursday, June 23, 2011

Send in the clowns.

On our way to church last night the Captain pointed out to me that he was wearing the same shirt that I chose as part of my Halloween costume. When I dressed up like a ... clown.

Well that little piece of info just cracked me up.

The shirt is kind of blue and green and looks kind of patch worky and has fish on it and is kind of swirly.

And when it's paired with the big rainbow clown wig, red nose, a wild necktie, some pink daisy pajama pants and polka dot rainboots, it's very clownish.

But I guess when it's paired with some of the Captain's jeans (hubba hubba), Chacos and cool cop sunglasses, then it's ok.

I think...

*snicker*

And I was doing ok with the whole clown-not-clown shirt until right the middle of church, the Captain looked over at me and kind of patted his shirt.

And I said "Quit clowning around during church."

And then started laughing.

You know that "church laugh" - where you are shaking and shaking and shaking and trying to stop but you just can't and are just hoping you don't make that snort noise.

You know what I'm talking about?

Oh, you don't?

Well, ok then.

I'll be on my way.

1 Wanna' ramble too?:

Unknown said...

I know the "church laugh" all too well. Like when our now-departed song leader would lead "Sweet Will of God". One of the verses starts out, "I'm tired of sin, footsore and weary." But every time instead of saying "footsore" he would say "footloose". And my Mom and I just couldn't keep it in.