Friday, November 4, 2011

Creamy middle with a crunch

Coop has a little crud and the doctor prescribed a z-pack. Joy. Those are pills. Pills. Boy can't swallow a pill.

Ever tried to teach a nine-year old how to swallow a pill?

We attempted last night.

It's not as easy as it sounds.

We failed.

So we chopped the pill into smaller pieces.

Failed again.

I mixed it with applesauce.

Nope.

Stuck it in a cube of cheese.

No way.

Put it on his tongue and blew on his nose.

Bow wow. And no.

I searched the pantry for options. Bingo.

I stuck the pieces in the creamy middle of an Oreo.

Well, it was more like six Oreos. Because you know that first dose of a z-pack? It's TWO pills. Awesome.

But it worked.

And he ate the cookies laced with zithromax.

Success.

So we'll be eating cookies for the next four days.

And he might get his cast off this morning.

And if today had been any other day other than Friday I would have bawled my eyes out.

Humanity has made me weary this week.

So, Happy Friday. Have a good weekend. And may your team have a big ol' W tomorrow.

1 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

please let the cast come off please let the cast come off please let the cast come off.

And now I want some oreos.