Thursday, November 3, 2011

Showcasing that talent

You know what fourth grade brings?

Lots of challenges...

Like math word problems where we apparently have $1500 to buy a table and six chairs, but we spend $230 less than our budget and if the table costs three times the amount of the chairs, how much is the table? ...

And like having to identify on a map all those little, bitty states up there in the northeast.... Ummmm .... Maine? I got that one - isn't it the big one up on the top? Erg ... Sorry, baby Mommy doesn't know how to use a map ...

But it also brings the tradition known as The Fourth Grade Talent Show.

It's in three weeks.

I somehow feel like Cooper's amazing feat of being able to burp and toot at the same time will really not wow the audience. The second graders? Maybe. Everybody else? Not so much. Although I think I remember last year some kid burped the whole alphabet. It was actually quite impressive.

He's been pondering what to do....

Magic tricks. Surely watching 96 episodes of Mindfreak this summer could lend us some ideas of what to do. Like make an elephant disappear or escape from a wooden box submerged in a tank of water? Or how about just a fancy little card trick...

Perhaps he could recite all the WWE wrestlers and their finishing moves. I'm proud to say personally I'm good for 75% of that list.

Knock knock jokes? He's got a book chock full. Could entertain folks for hours.

When Jordan was in the talent show, she did a Billy Goats Gruff puppet show. "Who's that trotting over my bridge?" A puppet show isn't quite his style.

So....

What to do ... what to do ...

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

Oh man. How to translate all that creativity into something, er, um, presentable??? :-)

I can't wait to hear what you come up with!

Unknown said...

I was asking Jaylin the other day what he might do next year when it is his turn for the talent show. He mentioned something about some, um, noises he could make. Me: "Okay, no. Why don't you play the piano instead?" Him: "Well, I guess I could do that." Leave it to kids to think that noisemaking is a better talent to show off than piano playing.