Monday, November 21, 2011

A loss. A win. And a tree.

The Lions lost Friday night. And I may or may not have gotten a little teary. Because I don't really like to see 225 pound boys sobbing in their daddy's arms.

The Hogs won. And now they are ranked #3. And they play LSU on Friday afternoon. And I'm so excited. I can't quit thinking about it. I obviously have no life.

And, on the holiday front, I got all my Christmas decorations put up. It's pretty, but feels "off". Mainly because it's 75 degrees out there.

My tree is also up. I got the lights on it. But no ornaments. It definitely needs more lights. I'm light obsessed. I like lots and lots and lots of lights. Last year I put about 23,782,117 extra lights on my pre-lit tree and that caused a slight ... ummmm... problem. Because the tree pluggy in thing started melting, and then the tree had to go to the curb. And we all know it's never really Christmas until your tree catches on fire.

So I'm using Mom's old tree. It's a beaut, but I forgot it isn't one of those trees that is only three parts: bottom, middle, top. This beauty features a trunk with 56,000 branches. But I got it assembled. And lit. But not as lit as I would like it. So, getting more lights today.

And here we are ... Thanksgiving week. And it promises to be a wild one.





3 Wanna' ramble too?:

Lindsay said...

its gonna be a great week!!!!!!!!

Lindsay said...

its gonna be a great week!!!!!!!!

Lindsay said...

ooops i am so excited to see you guys i posted twice@@ our decos are up too. Miss K loves it!!!!!