Monday, April 23, 2012

It wasn't much. But it was enough.

Is it bad that I really can't account for anything I did over the weekend?

By the end of the week, I was totally burned out on all levels - professionally and personally. And all I really wanted to do was shut everything out and climb in the bed for three days and sleep and suck my thumb.

But I decided that was a bit unhealthy. So I just sat in my chair in the den for three days and slept and sucked my thumb.

Kind of. But not really. Well, at least not the WHOLE weekend.

Actually, the first thing on my weekend list was helping Jordan get ready for that banquet thing.

She almost didn't live to see the banquet thing because as we were leaving the hair place where I had shelled out $387,163 to have her hair done in a fancy braidy thing, she rolled the window down. That's when I screamed, "I just shelled out $387,163 to have your hair done in a fancy braidy thing! Do NOT let it blow out the window!"

In the end, she looked beautiful and I think I saw the Captain getting a little teary when she walked out the door.

Other weekend highlights include Cooper getting a new baseball hitting stick thing. So the Captain and I took turns out in the back yard holding the stick thing so Cooper could practice his mighty swing. It's fun for the hitter. Because they are swinging and hitting and all. But for the person who is holding the stick thing... well, they just stand there and hold the stick thing.

He also got a rug burn on his foot while he was wrestling in the den practicing his finishing move. He was convinced he couldn't wear shoes for the rest of the weekend and successfully snookered me into letting him wear flip flops to church yesterday morning.

And, we celebrated March and April birthdays. I know... it's a bit late for March, but if you'll recall we spent the entire month of March playing volleyball and touring the Southeast United States and staying in every Hampton Inn that was ever established.

So, we had the family party this weekend.

Annnnnnd, guess what today is? IT'S CONNIE'S BIRTHDAY!!! Yay!

Seems like the rest of the weekend was taken up by watching multiple episodes of Storage Wars and a Lifetime movie.

So, all in all, it was a fine weekend. At home. My favorite place. With my family. My favorite people.

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

I hope the time with the family refreshed you. I hate those burnout times, and they seem to happen all too frequently. We are better than that!!

Cooper and the Rugburn.

I think that could be a kid's chapter novel.

Colleen said...

I have to admit my favorite part was the $387,163 hair...the dog looked at me strangly as I let out this short haaaaa. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt.

Good job by Cooper and the rugburn and the flip flops at church.

We all have weeks like that! Hope your week is rejuvinated!