Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Fall Y'all!

I know that fall hasn't officially arrived and neither have the cooler temps, but over the last few days, I've been trying to get my fall decorations out. I don't have that much stuff, but it just takes awhile for me to find just the right place for my tre. So I thought I'd give you a little lookey look...

Remember when I got the metal planter thing and the big pumpkins at the Wally? Voila!




I wish I had taken a 'before' picture of this candlestick. I found it on a clearance end cap at Target. It was very light, almost unfinished, wood. And it was $2.75! Nothing a little black spray paint can't turn into a perfect little treasure...And another Wally pumpkin....I made the "Fall" picture on the computer...



I had some shells in this bowl, but replaced summer with a little fall. The little pumpkins and leaves came from that expensive home decor mecca, the Dollar Tree.





Oh look! More Dollar Tree pumpkins and leaves....




Here's a pic of the little pumpkins. Cooper said "One of the bags you got has rotten pumpkins in it."




I got these leaves and glass pumpkins at the Dollar Tree too. I had gone to the Hobby Lobby and they had some of the same stuff for three and four times the price. I'm happy spending the dollar...(These pumpkins really are pretty. My poor photography doesn't do them justice.)



Speaking of non-photographic justice, the two big white pumpkins are very pretty. I heart those white pumpkins. I think I got those at Target one year on clearance. The "Boo" picture used to be a brown framed mirror. And once again, a little spray paint, some work on the ol' computer and a 'spooky' font....there ya' go.





The Captain got these Trick or Treat pumpkins for me one year at the Germantown Festival. Aren't they cute?

Well people, that wraps up the Fall Tour. I love the change of the seasons. And I love fall. I love decorating my home in a way that embraces the seasons that we are celebrating. It's important to me to make our home a comfortable place for my family....a soft place to land.

0 Wanna' ramble too?: