Monday, April 19, 2010

A look back and a look ahead

How was your weekend my people? We really had a nice one. Long and full. Filled with family and friends and grilled hamburgers and laundry. Other highlights from the weekend go something like this....

Friday night I went on a real live date with the Captain. We had a yummy dinner at a little seafood place where I had the best shrimp and grits. Then we went shopping for socks and books. How romantic.

Jordan had a friend-boy in town for the day on Saturday. And thus it begins....

We played a new board game. You have to do all this random crazy stuff. During her turn, Jordan had to repeat everything twice for about 15 minutes. During her turn, Jordan had to repeat everything twice for about 15 minutes. It was the funniest thing. It was the funniest thing. I laughed so hard. I laughed so hard.

(Did I ever tell you I wet my pants once while we were playing Apples to Apples cause I was laughing so hard? Oh, I didn't? OK then. Forget it. Move along people. Nothing to see here....)

Cooper's turn required him to write a poem about his arm pit. It went something like this:

It has a hair on it.
I put Axe on it.
It stinks.
Yep, that about sums it up.

Did anybody else catch the Cardinals-Mets game? Yes, the one that went to TWENTY INNINGS. Yes, the one that used 19 pitchers including a shortstop and an outfielder. It was nuts.

And Cooper went 0-2 on Saturday at his game. Boo. But he looks so stinking cute wearing all that catcher's gear.

Last week the Captain was in a meeting -- and sat right beside -- a guy I dated for awhile when the Captain and I were on the skits. The Captain knows I dated him. Not sure the guy knows that the Captain is married to me. Hmmm. I think that's all I'm going to say about that.

In other news, I found out last night at 9:30 that we were out of coffee. I scrounged around and managed to find a little packet of instant something or other that is pretending to be coffee. It is doing a very poor job. This is very bad.

Somebody played a 155 point word on me in Words with Friends. That also was very bad. I started crying so hard I don't even remember what the word was.

Today I am really looking forward to setting up for an all day expo tomorrow. By "set up" I mean lug boxes of pens and brochures from my car to the convention hall. In the rain. I can't wait. By "all day expo" I mean sit at my little booth (ALL DAY) and pass out pens and brochures to people who don't have anything else to do but come to the expo looking for free stuff like pens and brochures.

For those keeping score at home, we have three days until Bingmama and I are headed to Nashville to see Bon Jovi. And that, my pretties, will be a most excellent road trip. And I'm beyond certain there will some significant blog fodder come from this little experience.

It's gonna' be a very busy week. Crazy few days at work. And lots to do on the home-front. The Captain is headed out of town this week too. But he's not going to see Jon and Richie like we are. He's going to hang out at some K-9 convention or something. Woof.

And with that, I'm going to find some REAL coffee.

Or, as Jordan would say, Have a good day. Have a good day.

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

connie said...

At least you can play WWF while you are sitting at the Expo. And...you could have come over here and borrowed some coffee...we ran out once and it's not pretty...makes you hyperventilate just thinking about the upcoming morning. We learned from our mistake and now keep no less than 60# of coffee on hand.

JuJu said...

I love this, such a happy post for a Monday morning!
Now, tell me the name of this game? Now, tell me the name of this game?