Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Bird, the Big Bad Wolf, and the Houseguests

Yesterday Jordan found a dead baby bird in our front yard. At first we thought it was from the dove nest on the porch, but I'm not sure those babies have hatched yet. And this wasn't close enough to that nest for him to have even fallen out. So maybe there is another nest in our tree. Not sure.

I went out and scooped him up in a pizza box gave him a proper birdie funeral and put him in the garbage can buried him in the bird cemetary.

RIP little birdie.

In other news...

Cooper is playing The Big Bad Wolf tomorrow in the class production of "The Three Piggy Opera". Has singing solos and everything. Eeeeeek!! He's so excited and has been singing all the songs for the last two weeks. I know them all by heart and am very confident that I could be an understudy for the role. Sing with me people...."I want a big fat pig to eat....yummy yummy yummy.... soooooooooie".

He must be thinking WOLF 24-7 because two nights ago, he came running through the house at 3am screaming about the bad wolf sitting in church reading the newspaper. I guess that is scary if you are 7 years old. And it's three in the morning.

And in case you were wondering, it's hard this time of year to find a black long sleeved shirt and boy size black pants for the wolf costume.

The Captain has a friend (Bruce) and his college-age son (Lars) passing through town this week. They live in Wyoming (I think it's Wyoming -- it's one of those states over there on the left.) and the son goes to school in Nashville. So they are on their way home.

The Captain and Bruce went to the big fancy policey school together in Quantico a few years ago. For 4 months. Yes, the Captain was gone for six years four months. Too bad I wasn't blogging at the time because fodder abounded!!

OK, I digress, where was I? Oh yes, I was saying that the Captain swears he told me they would be staying with us five days instead of the one day that I actually recall. No, I'm pretty sure I know the difference between houseguests for FIVE days and houseguests for ONE day. Oh well. It's all good.

I am just a tad concerned, however, about how much food a teenage boy who has been eating school cafeteria food since August will eat. I may need one of those Three Little Pigs that Cooper has been singing about....Stay tuned for Adventures with Bruce & Lars.

Alrighty....That's it for me my lovely people. I think I just heard The Weather Man say we may have some sunshine today. And all the people said amen.

At least we won't be having hail that looks like this.

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

Nanny said...

I am so excited about seeing it. He practices when he is at my house. Am I a typical grandmother, or is the wolf the star of the show????

JuJu said...

PLEASE take pictures of the little thespian!!

Good luck with the company. You know what the wise women say--that thing about fish and company stinking after three days!