Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm quiet this morning.

I don't have much to say today....

If I were going to talk about the heartbreaking loss by my Hogs on Saturday, I would say that they looked so good and gave Florida all they could handle. And I would say that the defense was politely, yet firmly, introducing itself to Mr. Tebow all afternoon. And I would say that there were a few questionable calls in the 4th quarter (that even the commentators said were wrong) that probably cost us the game. And I would say that I screamed a lot. A lot. And I would say that a 3 point loss to a #1 team favored by 25 points played on their own hostile home field is still a mighy fine showing. But I'm not talking about the game. (Wooooo Pig Sooooie!)

I also am not going to talk about the Tennessee Titans who are now 0-6. And they got their Tennessee Titan tails handed to them on a snowy field in New England yesterday. Ugh. Handed to them as in 59-0. Yes, that was the score. But I'm not mentioning that.

I'm not going to talk about my current season of being a parent of a tweenage girl and everything that goes with that. And that this weekend it primarliy involved being a taxi service to various social and youth group related events. Drive, drive, drive. But no, I'm not getting into all that either.

I'm also not even getting into telling you about going to a book signing for a long-time friend of mine. Who has a real book. Like a real live book. And how neat it was to see some of my old co-workers from a long time ago. And how proud I am of her. And also how I am a teeny tiny bit jealous because I want to write a book too. And I had an always-very-honest-with-me friend who recently gave me some of my own what for and dished it back to me the same way I apparently dish it to others, "You. Should. Write. A. Book. Youshouldwriteabook!" But anyway, I'm not going to get into how fun it was to see some long-ago friends. Nor am I going to talk about how I want to write a book, but am just a big chicken. (Seriously, though, check out my friends book over on the right side of my blog. I am reading it right now. Quite entertaining so far. I am very happy for her. )

I won't mention how we spent our whole weekend on the run doing a lot of different stuff. Stuff that involved books, soccer balls, race cars, dead people, teen hangouts, and purses. (Yes, I said dead people. That was Captain-related business.) And we weren't home much at all. And I'm not very rested either. And now it's Monday. And I'm still working on laundry. (And I may or may not be sitting here dressed for work from the waist up, but also sporting a pair of pink pajama pants with green turtles on them, waiting for some pants to come out of the dryer.) Cause none of that is worth mentioning.

Nope. I'm not talking about any of those things.

So, I guess I really don't have much to say.

Except peace out people. Happy Monday.

4 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

I am totally going to read Lisa's book, and I will consider that warm up for reading YOUR book. You can do it! You SHOULD do it!!

Sorry for sports losses! I am very stressed about the Titans, a good friend of our family (Dave McGinnis) is one of the coaches. I always start to worry about job security when a season starts like this.

I hope your week gets less stressful and busy. I want to hear you say more. :-)

Amy J in SC said...

I'm still in my pj's and it's way past time for pj's. The Titans game was painful... but let's not talk about that.

I with ya on the chauffeuring thing...

Hope Monday is smooth sailing for ya.

Miss Mandy said...

On Saturday I stayed in my pj's until 7 pm. Then I took a shower & put on new pj's.

It's ok. Right? RIGHT?

Kearsie said...

I'm sorry. I don't speak Football. Nor do I have a teenager. But you're still my favorite.

Also, you should write a book! youshouldwriteabook!

Me too. Let's write books together. Do I know what you want to write?